Thursday, October 29, 2009

Cupcakes Galore

I recently purchased the book "Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World" and lets just say I'm hooked. Now this really isn't good for my diet haha but these cupcakes rock!!! I've actually only had time to make one kind so far but they were so good I made them twice. Pumpkin chocolate chip cupcakes with cinnamon icing, is sounds different I know. This is was honestly the first time I have even eaten anything with pumpkin in it, they were amazing. I really wish I would have taken a picture but I didn't know I was going to create a blog at the time. But don't worry I plan on making them again along with the 74 other recipes I want to try. The guys my husbands works with are really going to love me. Since I don't want to eat 15 cupcakes myself I ship them off with him to work haha. They loved the pumpkin ones thats for sure. Ok ok enough about my new cupcake obsession.



I tried a new recipe for dinner last night. It was lentils and rice and of course I made a few changes to the recipe. It was pretty good and I actually remembered to take a picture!






















The last picture was taken after I added the soy sauce, which did make it taste even better.



LENTILS and RICE


2 cups brown rice
1/2 cup lentils
5 cups water
1 large onion, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2-3 tsp Better than Boulion vegetable
black pepper (to taste)
dash of cayenne

Bring the rice, lentils, onion, carrot and garlic to boil in the 5 cups of water. Reduce heat to low and add the vegetable and other seasonings. Cover and simmer over low heat for 45 minutes. Serve with soy sauce.

serves 6

No comments:

Post a Comment